Job Title: Maintenance Technician I
- 14575 Promenade Parkway
- Odessa, FL, 33556
- United States
- Employee Type:
- Job Category:
Employee will provide support for all community open space and amenities center in the Asturia community. Will act as primary contact for service vendors and minor maintenance duties. Will also provide feedback to Asturia CDD/Inframark, Homeowners and contracted staff.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
** Other duties may be assigned**
- General upkeep of Amenity Center, Pool Area, Gym & Grounds.
- Maintain cleanliness of all amenity buildings and open space
- Maintain pool deck aesthetics- includes chairs, tables, umbrella
- Maintaining records of any work and inspections done on-premises.
- Performing inventory on repair supplies.
- Keeping repair tools and supplies clean and organized.
- Supervise and coordinate with vendors for satisfactory cleaning of facility.
- Setting repair appointments with mechanics or electricians when needed.
- Repair/Unclog toilets, sinks/drains.
- Skimming pool and checking chemicals (Monitor Suncoast Pools).
- Weeding the amenities area. (Monitor RedTree)
- Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors in communal areas. (Cleaning Service?)
- Painting communal areas and exterior walls, mailbox painting and repair.
- Disposing of trash found in communal areas. **Could include dog station and trash***(if there is a maintenance cart)
- Tracking inventory to ensure that you have adequate maintenance supplies.
- Ensuring that fire extinguishers, hydrants, alarms, and emergency exits always remain in excellent working condition.
- Managing keycard system. (Monitor DCSI)
- Scheduling repairs that warrant special technical skills. (Monitor 3rd party Vendors)
- Coordinate required activities with subcontractors, CDD and Inframark.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General industry knowledge of CDD Operations/Site Mgt. Mechanical & Administrative ability.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ years prior experience as a maintenance technician or in a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Available to work on weekends, if required.
- Needs to have own basic tools. (Screwdrivers, hammer, measuring tape, pliers, etc.)
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret simple drawings and maps of area; Ability to respond effectively to sensitive homeowner inquiries or complaints; Ability to communicate verbally clearly and unambiguously, or in writing. Excellent communication skills required.
- The ability to comprehend and apply principles of everyday math is assumed.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Applicable industry certifications and training if required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the basic & essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Can lift to 30 pounds.
- Dexterity and attention to detail.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily indoors, occasional outdoor activities. Flexible daily work hours to start.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Well organized
- Ability to use scheduling software, (scheduling is done on campus suites website by sending an email to campus suites) basic computer skills.
- 2+ years of clerical work.
- Schedule use of facilities collect fees. paperwork, certificates of insurance (COI)
- Handle phone calls and respond or direct to proper person. (Cell Phone for Maint. Tech)
- Keep track of key fobs, ownership, and costs. (DCSI)
- Manage key card system. (DCSI)
- Set up for CDD meetings in main room.
- Communicate with CDD Manager or Asturia as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- May have to contact vendors for work orders.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.